Taxi - MSP Airport
Allow 25-45 minutes for rush hour (6-9 a.m. and 3-6:30 p.m. M-F). Cost is approximately $50 one way. There are usually taxis awaiting passengers at the Ground Transportation Atrium.
Transporation Plus - 612-888-8888
Green and White - 612-222-2222
Red and White - 612-871-1600
Bus and Light Rail - MSP Airport
Allow 60 minutes. Cost during non-rush hour is $2 for bus and light tail transit. Cost during rush hour (6-9 a.m. and 3-6:30 p.m. M-F) is $2.50 for bus and light rail transit.
Board a METRO Blue Line light rail train destined for Minneapolis-Target Field. Trains leave approximately every 10 minutes. Disembark at U.S. Bank Stadium Station - travel time of approximately 15 minutes. Board a METRO Green Line light rail train from the U.S. Bank Stadium Station towards St. Paul-Union Depot to the East Bank Station. The ride is approximately five minutes to the University of Minnesota East Bank Campus.
You may visit the Metro Transit website to create a personal transportation route for your trip with specific times and dates. The Trip Planner is located at the top of the screen. Use the Plan a Trip tab. Enter your starting point (From) using the Landmark option. From the Category, select Transportation. From the Landmark, select Terminal 1 or Terminal 2 for the MSP Airport. For your destination (To), use the Landmark option to select Colleges and Universitites from the Category and then select U of M-East Bank from the Landmark. Add your correct date and time and click Plan My Trip. Your complete itinerary should include transferring from the Blue Line train to the Green Line train at the U.S. Bank Stadium Station.
Super Shuttle - MSP Airport
Allow 60 minutes to the airport. Cost is $16 one way and $30 round trip.
To the IMA
Reservations are not necessary for arrival into Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.
- Claim your luggage.
- Proceed to the lower level (follow signs to ground transportation), and continue to follow the signs upstairs to the Scheduled Van/Hotel Shuttle Van loading area. SuperShuttle is located inside the terminal by the loading area.
- Identify yourself to the SuperShuttle agent.
Advance reservations are required from the Graduate Hotel Minneapolis (formerly Commons Hotel).
- Van Service: call 1 800-BLUE-VAN at least 24 hours in advance of your departure time. A reservation agent will suggest a pick up time from your hotel. To book online, go to Super Shuttle and click on the Book a Ride button.
- Reservations will need to be guaranteed by a credit card. Please have your flight information available.
- You will need to choose shared-ride or exclusive-van service. Shared ride service makes stops at other hotel, it may take up to an hour for you to reach your destination. Exclusive van service is private van service meant for groups up to ten guests.